Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Final Update

Hey guys,

This will be my final post on this blog (tear). I'm still working on my new site hairdelacreme.com and it's hard work i tell you. I'm doing it all by myself so it wont be the best of best...lol. Any-who, i wanted to update you on my hair journey.

A few weeks ago i took my Bohyme out so that i could relax my hair on the 25th. To my surprise (after detangling my hair for 1 HOUR!)...i realized that i hit my goal of BSB! Ladies, when i straightened that first piece with my flat iron and then turn to the mirror (using another mirror to see the back) i screamed!!!! I couldn't believe my hair was that long! I truly believe my growth spurt was due to the Hairfinity Vitamins i was taking. I'm glad i bought another 2 months worth :-)

Look at the new growth!!!





I was too anxious to relax and ended up relaxing on the 22nd. I used Affirm as my relaxer and the results were great! I also used Creme of Nature's Neutralizing Shampoo and DC'd with my ORS Hair Mayo, Honey, 1 teaspoon of Tea Tree Oil and Aphogee's 2 Min Reconstructor. I had some trouble self relaxing because i wasn't used to my hair being so long. I protected my relaxed ends with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Petroleum Jelly. I had a few accidents like the hair with relaxer on it flying into my eye (NO BUENO!!!!) and some relaxer falling on my forehead. I should have based my hairline to protect my hair from the relaxer but i was too anxious and ended up burning (literally) my temple and the skin below my eyebrows (SMH).

After relaxing i used got2b's Guardian Angel Heat Protectant, blow dried, moisturized with Creme of Nature's Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-in Creme Conditoner, sealed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and flexirod my hair. I let the flexirods sit in my hair for about 2 hours and then i wrapped my hair and then put on my silk scarf.

I tried to take good pics of the results...Do you see the shinyness on the roller? :-D


I dont think i will be installing weaves in my hair (maybe i'll change my mind in a few months lol) because i lost a lot of shed hair due to the speed in my growth and now my hair feels thin. My mom thinks that the reason why my hair feels thin is because it's freshly relaxed but i think i will chill out with the weaves and bun or wig it for the rest of the winter. I'll probably weave it for the spring and then relax in the summer....who knows.

Hair Loss from shedding

Hair Comparison
Aug 2010 - APL (Armpit Length)

Dec 2010 Wet Hair After I Relaxed - BSB (Below Shoulder Blade)
MY DEC GOAL!!!!

Enjoy the rest of 2010...i'll see you guys on my new site HairDeLaCreme.com!

xoxo Trendsetta!!!!

No comments: